Lazy Dinner Mac and Cheese
Sharing this past Sunday’s lazy dinner. So easy but SOOO good! This is one of our favorites that we make all the time. Did I say we love it? 😜 It’s a great alternative to eating out. Tastes just as good as take out and is quick and cheap to make!
This recipe is adapted from Detoxinista’s Best Vegan MAC and Cheese Recipe.
- 16 ounces whole wheat noodles
- 1 head broccoli (~3 cups) (optional)
- Cashew Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning (no salt)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Two dashes cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Cook pasta based on box directions.
- Steam broccoli for about 5-7 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix all cashew sauce ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Once is broccoli cooked, cut into small pieces.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and mix in broccoli and cashew sauce.